Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 38,96
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,46
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,08
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book brings a comprehensive treatise about obesity, examining the measures that can be taken to stop and even reduce obesity if these right measures are taken in time. <br>Recent studies show that obesity is on the increase at an alarming rate, especially in the industrialized and affluent countries. A number of reasons have been put forward for this increase, including life style choices, over-eating, over-use of commercially processed food, addiction for fast food, high caloric diet specially containing high levels of sugar and fat, lack of exercise and sedentary life style. Also genetic make up has been associated with obesity. <br>Obesity can lead to a variety of lethal diseases, notably coronary heart disease, cancer and diabetes. These diseases account for the highest number of human death amongst all other causes. There are also a number of other side effects associated with obesity including increased stress, loss of intelligentsia, pancreatitis, premature birth and osteoarthritis. <br>In recent years media have been playing important roles in highlighting the lethality and damage caused by obesity, nevertheless no significant effects can be seen in the population and obesity remains on the increase, especially amongst children. <br>The editors believe that it is important that more education, campaign and research are used to stop this increasing disease.
- HerausgaberShamim I. Ahmad,Syed Khalid Imam
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2016
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten362 Seiten
- Gewicht1034 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.