- EUR 2,78Kostenloser Versand
- Artikelzustand: Gut
- Verkauft von medimops
- Click & Collect
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungSome people think Hawaii is paradise. But Monk knows that danger-like dirt-lurks everywhere. Look at Helen Gruber, the rich tourist who took a fatal blow from a coconut. The police say it fell from a tree, but Monk suspects otherwise. His assistant, Natalie, isn't exactly thrilled about Monk's latest investigation. It was bad enough that Monk followed her on vacation, and now it looks as though the vacation is over.... Smooth-talking TV psychic Dylan Swift is on the island and claims to have a message from beyond-from Helen Gruber. Monk has his doubts about Swift's credibility. But finding the killer and proving Swift a fraud-all while coping with geckos and the horror of unsynchronized ceiling fans-may prove a tough coconut to crack....
- AutorLee Goldberg
- VerlagPenguin Putnam Inc
- Seiten295 Seiten
- Gewicht148 g
- LeseprobeCHAPTER ONEHere's the thing about brilliantdetectives. They're all nuts. Take Nero Wolfe, for instance.<br>He was this incredibly fat detective whowouldn't leave his New York brownstone. He stayed inside the house tending his orchids, drinking fivequarts of beer a day, and devouring gourmet meals prepared by his live-in chef.So he hired Archie Goodwin to screen clients, run investigative errands, chasedown clues, and drag people back to the brownstone to be rudely interrogated.Archie was an ex-cop or an ex-soldier or something like that, so he was well suitedfor the job.<br>Then there's Sherlock Holmes, an eccentric,wound-up, cocaine addict who played his violin all night and conducted chemicalexperiments in his living room. He probably would have been committed if itweren't for Dr. Watson. The doctor retired from the army with a war injury,rented a room from Holmes, and ended up being the detective's assistant andofficial chronicler. His medical degree and experience serving in the war gaveWatson the skills and temperament he needed to deal with Holmes.<br>At least I didn't live with Adrian Monk,another brilliant detective, the way Archie and Dr. Watson did with theiremployers, but I'd still argue that the job was a lot harder for me than it wasfor them. For one thing, I didn't have any of their qualifications.<br>My name is Natalie Teeger.I've had a lot of odd jobs, but I'm not an ex-FBI agent or a promisingcriminology student or an aspiring paramedic, one of which I'd be if this werea book or a TV series instead of my life. I was bartending before I met Monk,so I suppose I could have mixed myself a nice, strong drink after work if Iwanted to. But I didn't, because I was also a widowed single mother trying to raisea twelve-year-old daughter, and it's a good idea to do that sober.<br>If I'd done my research into brilliantdetectives before working for AdrianMonk instead of after , I might nothave taken the job.<br>I know what you're thinking. NeroWolfe and Sherlock Holmes are fictional characters, so what could I possibly learnfrom their assistants? The thing is, I couldn't find any real detectives whowere anything like Monk, and I was desperate for guidance. They were the onlysources of information I could turn to.<br>Here's what I learned from them: When itcomes to assisting a great detective, you can be an ex-cop or a doctor or haveother qualifications and it's not going to make a difference. Because whatever makes your boss a genius at solving murders isgoing to make life impossible for everybody around him, especially you.And no matter how hard you try, that's never going to change.<br>That's especially true with Adrian Monk, whohas a smorgasbord of obsessive compulsive disorders
- passport01music11. Jan. 2009von
Monk ist Kult
Monk erklärt sich ganz von selbst - oder?! Die Bücher sind in der gleichen Atmosphäre geschrieben, in der die TV-Filme gedreht sind - schräg-trockener Humor inklusive...! Meine Empfehlung!
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 17,55Preistendenz: EUR 18,49
- EUR 34,80Preistendenz: EUR 45,48
- EUR 8,61Preistendenz: EUR 8,97
- EUR 6,76Preistendenz: EUR 9,89
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.