- EUR 13,25+ EUR 40,00 Versand
- Artikelzustand: Neu
- Verkauft von european-media-service
- Lieferung siehe Details
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 36,48Preistendenz: EUR 41,88
- EUR 16,71Preistendenz: EUR 17,88
- EUR 11,32Preistendenz: EUR 11,83
- EUR 20,39Preistendenz: EUR 20,68
- EUR 19,30Preistendenz: EUR 19,52
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 19,31
- EUR 14,44Preistendenz: EUR 15,13
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPenelope Lively's Booker Prize winning classic, Moon Tiger is a haunting story of loss and desire.<br>Claudia Hampton - beautiful, famous, independent, dying.<br>But she remains defiant to the last, telling her nurses that she will write a 'history of the world . . . and in the process, my own'. And it is her story from a childhood just after the First World War through the Second and beyond. But Claudia's life is entwined with others and she must allow those who knew her, loved her, the chance to speak, to put across their point of view. There is Gordon, brother and adversary; Jasper, her untrustworthy lover and father of Lisa, her cool conventional daughter; and then there is Tom, her one great love, found and lost in wartime Egypt.<br>'Leaves its traces in the air long after you've put it away' Anne Tyler<br>'A complex tapestry of great subtlety. Lively writes so well, savouring the words as she goes' Daily Telegraph<br>'Very clever: evocative, thought-provoking and hangs on the mind long after it is finished' Literary Review<br>Penelope Lively is the author of many prize-winning novels and short-story collections for both adults and children. She has twice been shortlisted for the Booker Prize: once in 1977 for her first novel, The Road to Lichfield , and again in 1984 for According to Mark . She later won the 1987 Booker Prize for her highly acclaimed novel Moon Tiger . Her other books include Going Back ; Judgement Day ; Next to Nature, Art ; Perfect Happiness ; Passing On ; City of the Mind ; Cleopatra's Sister ; Heat Wave ; Beyond the Blue Mountains , a collection of short stories; Oleander, Jacaranda , a memoir of her childhood days in Egypt; Spiderweb ; her autobiographical work, A House Unlocked ; The Photograph ; Making It Up ; Consequences ; Family Album , which was shortlisted for the 2009 Costa Novel Award, and How It All Began . She is a popular writer for children and has won both the Carnegie Medal and the Whitbread Award. She was appointed CBE in the 2001 New Year's Honours List, and DBE in 2012. Penelope Lively lives in London.
- AutorPenelope Lively
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- Seiten224 Seiten
- Gewicht150 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.