Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungDangerous is Michael Jackson's coming of age album. Granted, that's a bold claim to make given that many think his best work lay behind him by the time this record was made. It offers Jackson on a threshold, at long last embracing adulthood-politically questioning, sexually charged-yet unable to convince a skeptical public who had, by this time, been wholly indoctrinated by a vicious media. Even though the record sold well, few understood or were willing to accept the depth and breadth of Jackson's vision; and then before it could be fully grasped, it was eclipsed by a shifting pop music landscape and personal scandal-the latter perhaps linked to his assertive new politics. This book tries to cut through the din of dominant narratives about Jackson, taking up the mature, nuanced artistic statement he offered on Dangerous in all its complexity. It is read here as a concept album, one that offers a compelling narrative arc of postmodern angst, love, lust, seduction, betrayal, damnation, and above all else racial politics, in ways heretofore unseen in his music.<br>This record offered a Michael Jackson that was mystifying for a world that had accepted him as a child and as childlike and, hence, as safe; this Michael Jackson was, indeed, dangerous.
- AutorSusan Fast
- VerlagBloomsbury Academic
- Seiten160 Seiten
- Gewicht161 g
Meistverkauft in Musik
Hier sparen: Musik
- EUR 24,95Preistendenz: EUR 26,94
- EUR 25,99Preistendenz: EUR 35,94
- EUR 34,36Preistendenz: EUR 41,47
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,43
- EUR 10,72Preistendenz: EUR 11,54
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,35
- EUR 35,99Preistendenz: EUR 39,70
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.