Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungMetabolic Encephalopathy is meant to combine and correlate animal and human studies. In many cases, alterations in the neurochemistry of humans and experimental animal models is similar. It is hoped that increased awareness of the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of these disorders may result in a lowering of the incidence of structural changes and morbidity. These metabolic encephalopathies hold a special fascination for both basic scientists and clinical investigators because they are accessible, treatable, and there exist good animal models for further study. Therefore, this book assembles both basic and clinical neuroscience issues in the treatment of specific metabolic encephalopathies such as uremia, Wernicke s disease, epilepsy, stroke, hepatic encephalopathy, pediatric encephalopathies, inborn errors of metabolism, toxins such as lead, depression, cerebral infections, kernicterus, Wilson disease, and many others. About the Editor: Dr. David W. McCandless is the John J. Sheinin Professor of Anatomy in the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy at The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL. He has over 35 years of laboratory research into basic mechanisms of various metabolic encephalopathies. He serves as Editor-in Chief of the journal Metabolic Brain Disease (Springer), now in its 23rd year. Dr. McCandless has been on the faculty or research staff at The University of Vermont College of Medicine, NIH-NINCDS, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, and The Chicago Medical School, and was a visiting professor at Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. McCandless has published in journals such as The J. Clinical Investigation, Nature, Proc. National Academy of Sciences, Amer. J. of Physiology, Brain Research, J. Neurochemistry, Teratology, Epilepsia, Stroke, and many others. This is his third edited book. Metabolic Encephalopathy is meant to combine and correlate animal and human studies. It is hoped that increased awareness of the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of these disorders may result in a lowering of the incidence of structural changes and morbidity. These disorders hold a special fascination for both basic scientists and clinical investigators because they are accessible, treatable and there exists good animal models for study. Therefore, this book will pull together basic and clinical neuroscience issue in the treatment of specific metabolic encephalopathies.
- HerausgaberDavid W. McCandless
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten601 Seiten
- Gewicht1088 g
Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 80,00Preistendenz: EUR 95,00
- EUR 17,00Preistendenz: EUR 22,99
- EUR 35,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,96
- EUR 28,94Preistendenz: EUR 29,99
- EUR 54,72Preistendenz: EUR 56,58
- EUR 25,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,53
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,90
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.