Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe 1968 events were profoundly international in character, transcending any one national context and interacting with other movements across the world. Yet the way these events are remembered is often delimited by the national cultural or political experience and is cut off from its broader international dimension. The purpose of this volume is to examine the &8216;memory&8217; of 1968 across different national settings, looking at the cases of France, Germany, Italy, the United States, Mexico and China. How has 1968 been (re)produced and/or contested within different national cultures and how do these processes reflect national preoccupations with order, political violence, individual freedom, youth culture and self-expression? How has the memory of 1968 been narrated, framed and interpreted in different places and in different disciplines? Is there a collective memory of 1968 and does this memory cross national boundaries? By juxtaposing representations of 1968 from across a range of national cultures and by examining the processes by which 1968 is remembered, this book aims to open up the memory of 1968 to a more diverse international perspective, one that more closely reflects the dynamics of the events themselves. The papers collected in this volume are selected from the proceedings of a conference entitled &8216;Memories of 1968: International Perspectives&8217; that was held at the University of Leeds in 2008.
- HerausgaberIngo Cornils,Sarah Waters
- SerieCultural History and Literary Imagination
- VerlagLang, Peter
- Seiten386 Seiten
- Gewicht564 g
Meistverkauft in Politik & Zeitgeschichte
Hier sparen: Politik & Zeitgeschichte
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,19
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 30,16
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.