Hier sparen: Mathematik
- EUR 55,00Preistendenz: EUR 55,58
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,27
- EUR 14,00Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,23
- EUR 26,90Preistendenz: EUR 27,20
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,60
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,23
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis is the tenth volume in the series "Mathematics in Industrial Prob lems. " The motivation for these volumes is to foster interaction between Industry and Mathematics at the "grass roots level;" that is, at the level of specific problems. These problems come from Industry: they arise from models developed by the industrial scientists in ventures directed at the manufacture of new or improved products. At the same time, these prob lems have the potential for mathematical challenge and novelty. To identify such problems, I have visited industries and had discussions with their scientists. Some of the scientists have subsequently presented their problems in the IMA Seminar on Industrial Problems. The book is based on the seminar presentations and on questions raised in subse quent discussions. Each chapter is devoted to one of the talks and is self contained. The chapters usually provide references to the mathematical literature and a list of open problems which are of interest to the industrial scientists. For some problems a partial solution is indicated briefly. The last chapter of the book contains a short description of solutions to some of the problems raised in the previous volume, as well as references to papers in which such solutions have been published. The speakers in the Seminar on Industrial Problems have given us at the IMA hours of delight and discovery.
- HerausgaberAvner Friedman
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
- Seiten189 Seiten
- Gewicht320 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.