- EUR 161,09Kostenloser Versand
- EUR 161,10Kostenloser Versand
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book is the outcome of the work of contributors who participated in the wo- shop &8220;Mapping Different Geographies (MDG)&8221; in February 2010, held in Puchberg am Schneeberg, Austria. This meeting brought together cartographers, artists and geoscientists who research and practice in applications that focus on enhancing o- to-one communication or develop and evaluate methodologies that provide inno- tive methods for sharing information. The main intention of the workshop was to investigate how &8216;different&8217; geographies are being mapped and the possibilities for developing new theories and techniques for information design and transfer based on place or location. So as to communicate these concepts it was important to appreciate the many contrasting meanings of &8216;mapping&8217; that were held by workshop participants. Also, the many (and varied) viewpoints of what different geographies are, were ela- rated upon and discussed. Therefore, as the focus on space and time was embedded within everyone&8217;s felds of investigation, this was addressed during the workshop. This resulted in very engaging discourse, which, in some cases, exposed the restrictions that certain approaches need to consider. For participants, this proved to be most useful, as this allowed them to appreciate the limits and restrictions of their own approach to understanding and representing different geographies. As well, the workshop also was most helpful as a vehicle for demonstrating the common ground of interest held by the very diverse areas of endeavour that the workshop participants work within.
- HerausgaberKarel Kriz,Lorenz Hurni,William Cartwright
- SerieLecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten255 Seiten
- Gewicht616 g
Hier sparen: Geowissenschaften
- EUR 9,48Preistendenz: EUR 11,58
- EUR 74,94Preistendenz: EUR 89,82
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.