Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><i>I was beating the life out of Bibhuti with a baseball bat when my first monsoon broke&8230;</i></p><p>John Lock has come to India to meet his destiny: a destiny dressed in a white karate suit and sporting an impressive moustache. He has fled the quiet desperation of his life in England: decades wasted in a meaningless job, a marriage foundering in the wake of loss and a terrible secret he cannot bear to share with his wife.</p><p>He has come to offer his help to a man who has learned to conquer pain, a world record breaker who specialises in feats of extreme endurance and ill-advised masochism. Bibhuti Nayak&8217;s next record attempt &8211; to have fifty baseball bats broken over his body &8211; will set the seal on a career that has seen him rise from poverty to become a minor celebrity in a nation where standing out from the crowd requires tenacity, courage and perhaps a touch of madness. In answering Bibhuti&8217;s call for assistance, John hopes to rewrite a brave end to a life poorly lived.</p><p>But as they take their leap of faith together, and John is welcomed into Bibhuti&8217;s family, and into the colour and chaos of Mumbai &8211; where he encounters ping-pong-playing monks, a fearless seven-year-old martial arts warrior and an old man longing for the monsoon to wash him away &8211; he learns more about life, and death, and everything in between than he could ever have bargained for.</p>
- AutorStephen Kelman
- VerlagBloomsbury Academic
- Seiten320 Seiten
- Gewicht223 g
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 19,88
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,03
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,34
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 16,87
- EUR 15,50Preistendenz: EUR 15,72
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.