Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis is a book on numerical methods for singular perturbation problems &8211; in part- ular, stationary reaction-convection-diffusion problems exhibiting layer behaviour. More precisely, it is devoted to the construction and analysis of layer-adapted meshes underlying these numerical methods. Numerical methods for singularly perturbed differential equations have been studied since the early 1970s and the research frontier has been constantly - panding since. A comprehensive exposition of the state of the art in the analysis of numerical methods for singular perturbation problems is  which was p- lished in 2008. As that monograph covers a big variety of numerical methods, it only contains a rather short introduction to layer-adapted meshes, while the present book is exclusively dedicated to that subject. An early important contribution towards the optimisation of numerical methods by means of special meshes was made by N.S. Bakhvalov  in 1969. His paper spawned a lively discussion in the literature with a number of further meshes - ing proposed and applied to various singular perturbation problems. However, in the mid 1980s, this development stalled, but was enlivened again by G.I. Shishkin&8217;s proposal of piecewise-equidistant meshes in the early 1990s [121,150]. Because of their very simple structure, they are often much easier to analyse than other meshes, although they give numerical approximations that are inferior to solutions on c- peting meshes. Shishkin meshes for numerous problems and numerical methods have been studied since and they are still very much in vogue.
- AutorTorsten Linss
- SerieLecture Notes in Mathematics
- Seiten326 Seiten
- Gewicht1060 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,95
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,60
- EUR 39,00Preistendenz: EUR 39,40
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,15
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,10
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,96
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.