Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 54,87Preistendenz: EUR 62,66
- EUR 31,74Preistendenz: EUR 50,03
- EUR 33,04Preistendenz: EUR 40,20
- EUR 21,94Preistendenz: EUR 23,99
- EUR 28,26Preistendenz: EUR 30,97
- EUR 30,15Preistendenz: EUR 35,89
- EUR 59,48Preistendenz: EUR 60,33
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungMany people working toward sustainability recognize the important role of conservation but are inadequately prepared to deal with the large spatial, temporal and complexity scales that are involved in large-scale conservation efforts. Problems in large-scale conservation require navigating an intermixture of geophysical, biological and political dimensions. Coming to grips with these many natural and human forces and factors at large scales, much less the myriad details in any single case, is challenging in the extreme and becomes more critical with each day that passes. Large-scale conservation poses many complex challenges that single disciplines, approaches or methods cannot fully address alone. Interdisciplinarity can significantly strengthen large-scale conservation efforts. Throughout Large-Scale Conservation in the Common Interest the editors and authors argue that a more holistic and genuinely interdisciplinary approach is required to solve the complex and growing challenges associated with large-scale conservation. The chapters within offer such an approach and define key terms, bring challenges to light and employ case studies to offer concrete practical and strategic recommendations to help those who are engaged in the interactive tasks of promoting sustainability and human dignity. This book is intended for a broad audience, including students and professors new to the field of large-scale conservation, experienced field-based practitioners in science and management and decision and policy makers who set specific and strategic direction for large landscapes. Professors can use this book to introduce students to the challenges of successful large-scale conservation design and implementation and to teach interdisciplinarity as a framework, concept and tool. Professionals will find this book offers a new way of using science, management and policy to make decisions. Finally, this volume can be used as a guide to set up workshops, seminars, or projects involving diverse people and perspectives.
- HerausgaberAaron M. Hohl,Catherine H. Picard,Elizabeth Thomas,Susan G. Clark
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
- Seiten191 Seiten
- Gewicht322 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.