Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 9,94Preistendenz: EUR 10,96
- EUR 39,95Preistendenz: EUR 48,83
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,96
- EUR 61,19Preistendenz: EUR 62,04
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 22,01
- EUR 13,94Preistendenz: EUR 15,00
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book focused on the challenges faced by women in their quest for land, including the difference between access to land and ownership and how this affects the economic life of rural women. It revealed that ownership of land did not affect how credit facilities were attained as both men and women did not benefit such from the government, development banks, micro finance banks or even from the local government. Men have control over land and other properties because women are usually not considered or consulted when issues of inheritance are discussed. In addition, women's status to land determined the choice of crops to grow. This book, therefore, recommends that gerontocratic rule should be gradually replaced by the prescribed model of kingship and succession rule that would guarantee a dynamic and progressive style of rulership in communities. In addition, women should be considered in inheritance rights through modification of cultural practices guaranteed by adequate enforcement of the statutory law and review of the customary law in such communities. The book is therefore a must read for community development experts, governments and the academia.
- AutorCharles Iruonagbe
- Seiten188 Seiten
- Gewicht266 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.