Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 21,09
- EUR 10,44Preistendenz: EUR 18,13
- EUR 12,34Preistendenz: EUR 13,48
- EUR 10,44Preistendenz: EUR 17,07
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung'A promising debut. Here is rollicking, yet far from vacuous, entertainment.' - Birmingham Post 'An amusing and capable first novel.' - The Observer 'Amusing and racy. The tricks of the trade are woven into a well-constructed plot.' - The Star <br>'A rattling good novel . . . pleasant hours in the company of men who love books, angling and wine - what better ingredients can one ask from a novel?' - The Publisher Business is slow at the provincial bookshop owned by young Michael Ransome, which suits him fine, since he'd rather be asleep or drunk than at work anyway. Unfortunately, there's the small problem of earning a living, but Ransome thinks he's found a solution. Sir Jeremy Etchingham's library is set to be auctioned off, and there is a legend that a unique and priceless bibliographical rarity is among its books, a legend which Ransome thinks he alone knows. He is determined to get his hands on this treasure through fair means or foul, but he hasn't reckoned on 'the Ring', an illegal conspiracy of powerful London book dealers, who have their own designs on the book. . . . Knock or Ring (1957) was the first novel by Michael Nelson (1921-1990), who was more famous for his second book, the gay classic A Room in Chelsea Square (1958). A very funny and entertaining story of the unexpectedly shady world of antiquarian bookselling, Knock or Ring was well received on its initial release but has never been reprinted until now. This edition includes the original cover art by Sir John Verney and an introduction by London bookseller John Saumarez Smith.
- AutorMichael Nelson
- VerlagValancourt Books
- Seiten194 Seiten
- Gewicht254 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.