Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,71Preistendenz: EUR 17,94
- EUR 11,32Preistendenz: EUR 11,87
- EUR 19,30Preistendenz: EUR 19,77
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,28
- EUR 14,44Preistendenz: EUR 15,18
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungIn December 2010, Julian Assange signed a contract with<br>Canongate Books to write a book - part memoir, part manifesto - for<br>publication the following year. At the time, Julian said: 'I hope this<br>book will become one of the unifying documents of our generation.<br>In this highly personal work, I explain our global struggle to force a<br>new relationship between the people and their governments.'<br>In the end, the work was to prove too personal.<br>Despite sitting for more than fifty hours of taped interviews<br>discussing his life and the work of WikiLeaks with the writer he had<br>enlisted to help him, Julian became increasingly troubled by the<br>thought of publishing an autobiography. After reading the first draft<br>of the book at the end of March, Julian declared: 'All memoir is<br>prostitution.' In June 2011, with thirty-eight publishing houses<br>around the world committed to releasing the book, Julian told us he<br>wanted to cancel his contract.<br>We disagree with Julian's assessment of the book. We believe it<br>explains both the man and his work, underlining his commitment to<br>the truth. Julian always claimed the book was well written; we agree,<br>and this also encouraged us to make the book available to readers.<br>And the contract? By the time Julian wanted to cancel the deal he<br>had already used the advance money to settle his legal bills. So the<br>contract still stands. We have decided to honour it - and to publish.<br>This book is the unauthorised first draft. It is passionate, provocative<br>and opinionated - like its author. It fulfils the promise of the original<br>proposal and we are proud to publish it.<br>
- AutorJulian Assange
- VerlagCanongate Books Ltd
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten339 Seiten
- Gewicht602 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.