Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 89,25Preistendenz: EUR 98,98
- EUR 67,94Preistendenz: EUR 74,71
- EUR 54,28Preistendenz: EUR 59,37
- EUR 49,95Preistendenz: EUR 56,06
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungJohn Marshall Harlan (May 20, 1899 December 29, 1971) was an American jurist who served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court from 1955 to 1971. His namesake was his grandfather John Marshall Harlan, another associate justice who served from 1877 to 1911. Harlan was a student at Upper Canada College and Appleby College and then at Princeton University. He continued his education at Balliol College, Oxford. Upon his return to the U.S. in 1923 Harlan worked in the law firm of Root, Clark, Buckner & Howland while studying at New York Law School. Later he served as Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and as Special Assistant Attorney General of New York. In 1954 Harlan was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and a year later president Dwight Eisenhower nominated Harlan to the United States Supreme Court following the death of Justice Robert H. Jackson. Harlan is often characterized as a member of the conservative wing of the Warren Court.
- AutorAgnes F. Vandome,Frederic P. Miller,John McBrewster
- HerausgaberAgnes F. Vandome,Frederic P. Miller,John McBrewster
- VerlagAlphascript Publishing
- Seiten288 Seiten
- Gewicht426 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.