Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungSecond Edition Reflects Considerable Technological and Evidence-Based Advancements in Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery<br>The field of stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) has witnessed considerable growth and refinements, since publication of the first edition. Ongoing technological advancements have led to improvements in speed, accuracy, precision, and delivery yielding better clinical outcomes. The base of knowledge has increased exponentially through the treatment of thousands of patients; symposiums, medical societies, and journals devoted to SRS; and multicenter trials initiated on national and international fronts.<br>This second edition is again authored by renowned experts in neurosurgery, neurology, physics, and radiation oncology, many of whom are pioneers of radiosurgery. Throughout more than 30 detailed chapters, these authors share their vast expertise on this highly precise, minimally invasive form of radiation therapy.<br>The first few chapters lay a foundation for understanding the differentiations in types of SRS technology: Leksell Gamma Knife®, Novalis, Linac and Proton Beam Radiosurgery, and Cyberknife, followed by an explanation on the physics and radiobiology of SRS. The remaining chapters provide a detailed discussion of all pathologies and disorders currently treated.<br>Highlights<br>- Radiosurgical procedures for a wide range of intracranial conditions/diseases including arteriovenous malformations, meningiomas, pituitary adenomas, trigeminal neuralgia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, epilepsy, ocular disorders, pediatric brain tumors, and gliomas.<br>- Important updates on skull base tumors, functional disorders, and brain metastases.<br>- Evidence-based findings covering indications, patient selection, benefits, limitations, outcomes, potential complications, and alternative treatment modalities.<br>This updated reference tool is an invaluable, comprehensive guide to current concepts in SRS. It is a must-have resource for neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, neuroradiologists, and medical physicists from residents to advanced clinicians.<br>L. Dade Lunsford, MD, FACS, is Lars Leksell Professor and Distinguished Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, Director, Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, Director, Residency Training Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.<br>Jason P. Sheehan, MD, PhD, is Harrison Distinguished Professor and Vice Chair of Neurological Surgery, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Professor of Neuroscience, Department of Neurological Surgery, Director, UVa Gamma Knife Center, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
- AutorJason P. Sheehan,L. Dade Lunsford
- HerausgaberL. Dade Lunsford
- Ausgabe2nd edition.
- VerlagGeorg Thieme Verlag
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten282 Seiten
- Gewicht1175 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,69
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,25
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.