Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 39,10
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,13
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungCommunity corrections programs are emerging as an effective alternative to incarceration for drug-involved offenders, to reduce recidivism and improve public health and public safety. Since evidence-based practice is gaining recognition as a success factor in both community systems and substance abuse treatment, a merger of the two seems logical and desirable. But integrating evidence-based addiction treatment into community corrections is no small feat&8212;costs, personnel decisions, and effective, appropriate interventions are all critical considerations.<br><br>Featuring the first model of implementation strategies linking these fields, Implementing Evidence-Based Practices in Community Corrections and Addiction Treatment sets out criteria for identifying practices and programs as evidence. The book&8217;s detailed blueprint is based on extensive research into organizational factors (e.g., management buy-in) and external forces (e.g., funding, resources) with the most impact on the adoption of evidence-based practices, and implementation issues ranging from skill building to quality control. With this knowledge, organizations can set realistic, attainable goals and achieve treatment outcomes that reflect the evidence base. <br><br>Included in the coverage:<br>* Determining evidence for &8220;what works.&8221;* Organization change and technology transfer: theory and literature review.* The current state of addiction treatment and community corrections.* Unique challenges of evidence-based addiction treatment under community supervision.* Assessing suitability of evidence-based practice in real-world settings.* A conceptual model for implementing evidence-based treatment in community corrections. <br>Implementing Evidence-Based Practices in Community Corrections and Addiction Treatment is a breakthrough volume for graduate- and postgraduate-level researchers in criminology, as well as policymakers and public health researchers.
- AutorFaye S. Taxman,Steven Belenko
- SerieSpringer Series on Evidence-Based Crime Policy
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten318 Seiten
- Gewicht660 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.