Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
- EUR 52,99Kostenloser Versand
- EUR 41,95Kostenloser Versand
- EUR 38,98Kostenloser Versand
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung"One of the most balanced and comprehensive textbooks that exists on Middle Eastern history." (Sreemati Mitter, Brown University)<br>Cleveland and Bunton provide a comprehensive history of the Middle East that allows students to understand the decisions of the principal political actors and the results of major events and crises. It has been an indispensable textbook for my survey on how and why the peoples of the Middle East deal with issues of democracy, religious and national identity as well as conflicting reactions toward Western intervention in a variety of forms.? ?Stacy E. Holden, Purdue University?This book provides a comprehensive and compelling history of the modern Middle East and is an invaluable addition to any scholar's library. The authors distill complex and multifaceted aspects of Middle Eastern history and culture for the reader while providing insightful and germane analysis.? ?Ellen R. Wald, Jacksonville UniversityA History of the Modern Middle East examines the profound and dramatic transformation of the region in the past two centuries, from the Ottoman and Egyptian reforms, through the challenge of Western imperialism, to the impact of US foreign policies. Built around a framework of political history, while also carefully integrating social, cultural, and economic developments, this expertly crafted account by the late William Cleveland and Martin Bunton provides readers with the most comprehensive, balanced and penetrative analysis of the modern Middle East.The sixth edition has been revised to provide a thorough account of the major developments over the past four years, including the tumultuous aftermath of the Arab uprisings, the sectarian conflict in Iraq and civil war in Syria that led to the rise of ISIS, the crises in Libya and Yemen, and the United States? nuclear talks with Iran. With brand-new timelines in each part, updated select bibliographies, and a wealth of online instructor resources, A History of the Modern Middle East remains the quintessential text for courses on Middle East history.The late William L. Cleveland was professor of history at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Vancouver, British Columbia.Martin Bunton is an associate professor of history at the University of Victoria, British Columbia. He is the author of The Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Very Short Introduction
- AutorMartin Bunton,William L. Cleveland
- Ausgabe6. Auflage.
- VerlagHachette Book Group USA
- Seiten624 Seiten
- Gewicht738 g
Meistverkauft in Politik & Zeitgeschichte
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.