Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 70,88
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,84
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,18
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,79
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe explosion of new information on emHelicobacter pylori/em-related disease, both in the basic sciences and in clinical medicine, has continued to progress at an unprecedented pace. In many instances emH./em empylori/em infection, both in man and in the laboratory animal, has become a model to investigate fundamental biological issues such as micro-organism host interactions, intracellular signaling, development of mucosal atrophy, mechanism of microbial resistance, disease modifying factors etc. br/ In view of this bewildering flood of new information, another meeting on emH. pylori/em in the successful series `Basic mechanisms to clinical cure' was organized in January 1998 in San Diego, California, to define the `state-of-affairs' in emH. pylori/em research at this time. The main objective was to integrate this new information in a series of top-quality presentations and discussions between investigators and clinicians addressing all aspects of emH. pylori/em research and to review the current position and future research directions. The format included state-of-the-art presentations by world experts heavily involved in emH. pylori/em research followed by in-depth discussion on intriguing or controversial issues. The presentations were grouped according to the leading theme: characteristics of the organism, mode of transmission, mechanisms of emH. pylori/em-induced inflammation, causation of disturbances of gastric secretory and motor function, aspects of clinical presentation and management, problems related to emH. pylori/em-associated gastric adenocarcinoma and MALT-lymphoma, novel aspects of antimicrobial therapy and vaccination. The meeting concluded with a synoptic agenda of suggested future studies for the microbiologist, the histopathologist and the clinician. br/ The chapters published in these proceedings accurately reflect the content of the superb presentations. The reader will readily appreciate the excellent level of the `cutting-edge' research which was described and discussed. These proceedings are another testimony to the enormous impact on basic science and clinical medicine of the emH. pylori/em discovery. Although much was achieved, it is also readily apparent that many questions remain to be answered and many problems remain to be solved.
- HerausgaberGuido Tytgat,R. H. Hunt
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998.
- Seiten507 Seiten
- Gewicht832 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.