Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><p>From the first hospitals to pioneering pharmacy techniques, the early history of medicine reflects the groundbreaking contributions of Islamic physicians and scientists. Less recognized, however, is the impact of Islam on the health and daily health practices among modern Muslim populations.</p><p><p>Meticulously documented with current research sources and relevant religious texts, Health and Well-Being in Islamic Societies illumines the relationships between Muslim beliefs and physical, psychological, and social health. Background chapters trace Muslim thought on health and healing as it has evolved over the centuries to the present.</p><p>The authors provide even-handed comparisons with Christianity as the two traditions approach medical and ethical questions, and with Christian populations in terms of health outcomes, assuring coverage that is not only objective but also empirically sound and clinically useful. And as the concluding chapters show, understanding of these similarities and differences can lead to better care for clients, cost-effective services for communities, and healthier Muslim populations in general. Included among the book's topics:</p><p><ul><li>Muslim beliefs about health, healing, and healthcare</li><li>Similarities and differences between Muslim and Christian health beliefs</li><li>Religion and health in Muslims compared to Christians</li><li>Religion and mental health in Muslims</li><li>Religion, social, and community health in Muslims</li><li>Religion and health behaviors in Muslims</li><li>Religion and physical health in Muslims</li><li>Understanding how Islam influences health</li><li>Applications for clinical practice</li><li>Implications for public health</li></ul><p><p>Practical use of cultural awareness is critical to improving both individual client health and public health on a global scale. Health and Well-Being in Islamic Societies is essential reading for health psychologists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, social workers, and nurses.</p></p>
- AutorHarold G. Koenig,Saad Al Shohaib
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten361 Seiten
- Gewicht719 g
Meistverkauft in Psychologie & Hilfe
Hier sparen: Psychologie & Hilfe
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,47
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,28
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,19
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.