Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 144,89Preistendenz: EUR 197,12
- EUR 19,03Preistendenz: EUR 30,89
- EUR 11,56Preistendenz: EUR 18,86
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis comprehensive manual details injury and violence interventions that have proven to work effectively with vulnerable populations across all stages of life. It will benefit practitioners who manage, implement, or evaluate injury or violence prevention programs; policymakers who influence injury or violence prevention through legislation and other policies; university faculty who teach coursework in injury and violence prevention; and graduate students preparing to work in or with injury or violence prevention programs.<br>The Handbook on Injury and Violence Prevention is a must read for all who strive to make our world safer and healthier. Julie Louise Gerberding, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention<br>Injuries kill and maim millions each year, and seriously impact the lives of countless loved ones. Yet until recently they&8217;ve been considered a random, normal part of life. Preventing injuries, on the other hand, requires not only effective communication with the public, but also a reliable framework for creating and evaluating suitable interventions.<br>The Handbook of Injury and Violence Prevention is the first book to address both halves of this challenge, reviewing evidence-based intervention programs in depth so professionals can identify successful, promising, and ineffective (and potentially harmful) prevention strategies. Over fifty experts present the current landscape of intervention methods - from risk reduction to rethinking social norms - as they address some of the most prevalent forms of accidental and violent injury, as well as emerging areas. <br>- Overview chapters examine the social and economic scope of unintentional and violent injury today<br>- Extensive literature review of specific intervention programs to prevent violence and injury<br>- Special chapters on childhood injuries, alcohol-related accidents, and disasters <br>- "Interventions in the Field" section offers solid guidelines for implementing and improving existing programs<br>- Critical analysis of issues involved in delivering programs to wider audiences <br>- Helpful appendices list relevant agencies and professional resources<br>This dual focus on intervention and application makes the Handbook a bedrock text for professionals involved in delivering or managing prevention programs. Its what-works-now approach gives it particular utility in the graduate classroom, and researchers will benefit from the critical attention paid to knowledge gaps in the field. It is a major resource for any reader committed to reducing the number of incidents just waiting to happen.
- AutorJames A. Mercy,Lynda S. Doll,Sandra E. Bonzo
- HerausgaberDavid Sleet,James Mercy,Lynda Doll,Sandra Bonzo
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2007. 2nd printing 2008
- Seiten598 Seiten
- Gewicht2330 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.