Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 70,81
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,82
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,15
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 17,77
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Studies have shown that HIV/AIDS remains a major public health challenge worldwide and the adoption of preventive health behaviour holds the key to its control. Little is known, however, about the typology of preventive health behaviour adopted by undergraduates of the University of Ibadan against the disease condition. This study, therefore determined the pattern and types of HIV preventive health behaviour among undergraduates of the University. The study was cross-sectional in design. A two-stage sampling procedure was used to randomly select 400 students from the Faculties of Pharmacy, the Social Sciences, Arts and Dentistry out of the thirteen Faculties in the university. A validated questionnaire which assessed the students' preventive health behaviour and the antecedent factors was used for data collection. The prevalence of the adoption of each of the types of HIV preventive health behaviour among the participants was low in spite of their general high level of knowledge of the disease. Health education strategies such as peer education, social marketing and advocacy are needed to promote the adoption of preventive health behaviour among young persons.</p>
- AutorThank-God Okosun
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten100 Seiten
- Gewicht165 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.