Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 39,90Preistendenz: EUR 47,31
- EUR 12,20Preistendenz: EUR 13,51
- EUR 12,36Preistendenz: EUR 15,52
- EUR 8,15Preistendenz: EUR 9,56
- EUR 37,94Preistendenz: EUR 45,39
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 29,93
- EUR 20,88Preistendenz: EUR 26,02
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungA biting, brilliant, black tragicomedy of doctors, patients, lost hopes and last chances. 'But I just killed someone!' 'I don't know if I'd shout about it if I were you.' Malcolm Goldblatt paused. 'Look, you didn't kill him. It was waiting to happen. You just ...helped.' 'Malcolm, they'll strike me off!' 'They can't strike you off. You're still a House Officer. They haven't struck you on yet...' Dr Malcolm Goldblatt has one last chance in the NHS. As the new but temporary senior registrar of a London hospital, he needs to prove to himself, and the medical establishment, that he can toe the corporate line. But this new hospital is all rather depressingly familiar - from Dr Madic's ferocious aversion to work, Dr Burton's knife-in-the-back ambition, right up to the pathologically insecure yet monstrously vain Professor Small, it is an environment of short tempers, back-biting and office politics - a place in which caring for patients seems secondary to caring for professional reputations. As Goldblatt attempts to hold on to his job in the medical chaos of Floor Five he finds himself sinking dangerously towards a point of no return, where it feels as though self-abnegation is killing him and self-destruction seems like the only remedy...
- AutorMichael Honig
- VerlagAtlantic Books
- Seiten480 Seiten
- Gewicht323 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.