Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 38,96
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,46
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,08
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p><br><br> From Techie to Boss teaches any technical person making the transition from team player to team leader all those management techniques and soft skills you always ignored or despised, but which you suddenly need now-and fast. Most IT companies do not have new manager programs to train techies how to step up to the next level, and experienced technical managers rarely remember how difficult it was to make the transition.Veteran team lead and project manager Scott Cromar lays out the classical management training course, but stripped down to precisely the essentials that techies need to start managing now. He appreciates that a front-line techie getting a field promotion to team leader just doesn't have the time to get an MBA or wade through a 700-page generic management textbook with 400 pages of irrelevant material.<br> The author appreciates how you got to this point. Your technology team lost its lead, and management has tapped you, the team's standout techie, to jump into the breach. Why you, instead of some experienced manager from the outside? Because you're ready to hit the ground running. Because you know better than anybody else the project's technical challenges and the pertinent strengths and weaknesses of the team's players. Because the team already trusts you and respects your competence. And on your side, what's not to like? You bumped up against the pay ceiling for senior technician a while ago; now you can break through to management compensation and upward mobility.<br> The author also appreciates why you need this book. The skills that make you a good techie are necessary but not sufficient to make you a good technical manager. The rules of your world have abruptly changed. You will no longer be judged by how elegantly you solve technical puzzles. You will now be judged by how effectively your team contributes to the bottom line of the overall business. From Techie to Boss shows you how to translate and adapt the analytic skills that made you an outstanding techie to your new responsibilities as a technical manager. Even more crucially, this book teaches you a whole new set of interpersonal, organizational, and metrical skills you never needed before, but without which you cannot succeed as a manager.<br><br></p>
- AutorDavid M. Jacobs,Scott Cromar
- Ausgabe1st ed.
- Seiten260 Seiten
- Gewicht390 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.