Meistverkauft in Natur & Umwelt
Hier sparen: Natur & Umwelt
- EUR 17,90Preistendenz: EUR 18,46
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,43
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,20
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>There have been global concerns about the reduction of land under forest resources in the world. In Kenya, forest destruction far exceeding expansion of plantations has resulted in the imposition of a ban by the government on forest products and services. Mau Forest Complex, which is located in the central region of Rift Valley of Kenya, is the biggest water tower in Eastern Africa. Much of the forest in this water tower has been excised. This has led to stringent measures taken by the government to limit its use by the adjacent communities who previously depended on it as a major source of livelihood. The aim of this study was to assess the socio-economic implications, to the local communities, if excisions of Mau Forest Complex continue unabated and the government continues with the ban of its use. The study was based on field surveys. Multistage sampling technique was used to determine a representative population sample from about 150,000 households located within the Mau Forest Complex region.</p>
- AutorPeter Omboto
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten172 Seiten
- Gewicht272 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.