Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungFitness for the Pelvic Floor Millions of people, including nearly one third of all women, are affected by problems such as incontinence, sexual dysfunction, hemorrhoids, and uncontrollable gas. These conditions often originate from weak muscles of the pelvic floor. Due to the embarrassing nature of pelvic floor dysfunctions and of some common therapies, most patients do not discuss treatment with their physicians until costly surgeries are the only remaining option. Studies have repeatedly shown that simple exercise and heightened sensory awareness as described in this book have proven to be the most effective means of treatment for many patients. It is common to condition other parts of the body, but little attention is paid to toning the pelvic floor muscles. This book offers a wealth of fun and effective exercises for women, men, and children with pelvic floor problems. Both the patient and therapist will learn how to evaluate incontinence problems and develop appropriate treatment strategies for specific situations, including dysfunctions after childbirth or post-prostate surgery. Key features of the book: Anatomical and physiological information for understanding pelvic floor functions. Simple, easy-to-follow exercise routines to activate and relax the pelvic floor muscles. Clear explanations of the correlation between breathing, the pelvic floor, and abdominal muscles. Definitions of essential terms necessary to facilitate understanding between patient and therapist. This is an essential resource for all physical therapists and their patients dealing with the challenges of pelvic floor dysfunction. Following professional treatment, your patient may continue therapy at home using this book as an exercise guide. It provides the vital information needed to help patients avoid the difficulty and embarrassment of incontinence and other problems related to the pelvic floor.
- AutorBeate Carriere
- SerieComplementary Medicine
- VerlagGeorg Thieme Verlag
- SprachausgabeDeutsch, Englisch
- Seiten99 Seiten
- Gewicht254 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 38,96
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,46
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,08
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.