Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPlease note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikivoyage or other free sources online. Fiji has been in the tourism business for decades, drawing vacationers like pilgrims to a holy land with its promise of white-sand beaches, cloudless skies and the opportunity to fall into a sun-induced coma under a palm tree. The perennial favourites are the Mamanuca and Yasawa islands, which arc north like a stingray s tail from the body of Fiji s main island, Viti Levu. These are Fiji s movie stars, dangled in front of the world as idyllic South Sea Edens, their reefs and cobalt-blue waters providing cinematic eye candy for films such as Tom Hanks Cast Away and Brooke Shields vehicle to stardom The Blue Lagoon. It is therefore little wonder that, despite a coup in 2006, Fiji s beaches remain flushed with sunburnt tourists. But the beaches are only part of what Fiji has to offer. To get to grips with the national psyche you have to spend some time on the mainland. Two-thirds of the population live in urban centres and it is on Viti Levu that you ll find the country s two cities: Suva, the capital, and Lautoka, a port town reliant on the sugar-cane farms that surround it. This book offers information on Fiji and its most notable places.
- VerlagTurtle Travel Edition
- Seiten56 Seiten
- Gewicht91 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,63
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,15
- EUR 8,00Preistendenz: EUR 8,04
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.