Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,28
- EUR 22,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,78
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,26
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 10,32
- EUR 8,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,13
- EUR 19,40Preistendenz: EUR 24,02
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>This study is about female poverty in Saudi society, focusing on poor female-headed households (FHHs) in Jeddah City. It aims to explore the social, cultural and demographic characteristics of such families. It highlights the social reality of FHHs with a focus on the details of their everyday lives and their relationships with social support institutions. The sample comprised 112 FHHs, represented by their female heads, selected by marital status according to five sub-groups: widows' families, divorced women's families, abandoned women's families, prisoners' wives' families and married women's families. A further sample comprised 18 informants from different governmental and non-governmental departments. The findings highlight the social, cultural and demographic characteristics of poor FHHs. The findings also show how the sub-categories and their female heads struggled daily and how they had similar experiences in some aspects of the public realm but quite different experiences in the private realm. The study concludes with important strategic recommendations aimed at reforming the welfare system, suggesting integrated social policies to eradicate poverty, particularly among FHHs</p>
- AutorTalha Fadaak
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten364 Seiten
- Gewicht558 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.