Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Politik & Zeitgeschichte
- EUR 8,13Preistendenz: EUR 9,89
- EUR 8,94Preistendenz: EUR 9,49
- EUR 54,95Preistendenz: EUR 79,00
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungBritain is a multi-ethnic society.Ethnic minorities now make up ten percent of the population and have the right to vote and stand for elections.Their participation in the electoral system gives them the opportunity to express their views.Their representation in politics is crucial to achieve equality of opportunity in the political system,as well as in other fields.This book examines how they have exercised their political rights and changing trends of their participation building on the author's previous work.The book covers immigration and settlement patterns in Britain and analyses registration levels,turnout patterns, voting behaviours and attitudes to the political process.It discusses election issues,attitudes towards race relations, under-representation, and suggests the way forward.It concludes that there is progress but Britain has a long way to go in providing equality for ethnic minorities in the decision-making process.The book would interest academics,students, political parties, race relations workers,the media and the general public concerned with race,ethnicity and politics.It would also appeal to readers in other countries in similar situations.
- AutorMuhammad Anwar
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten216 Seiten
- Gewicht300 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.