Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,36Preistendenz: EUR 17,99
- EUR 13,38Preistendenz: EUR 13,86
- EUR 17,63Preistendenz: EUR 17,94
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,55
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 19,26
- EUR 10,37Preistendenz: EUR 10,93
- EUR 6,08Preistendenz: EUR 8,14
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe book is a narrative of the unfolding of the Ebola virus disease outbreak from a scientific view point. The author provides an analysis of the scientific basis of public health policies that have influenced the public's, and the medical community's, abilities to understand the virus and the disease. This is done in the context of providing insights into the biology of the virus, and exploring open questions, including its likely modes of transmission. The author has included citations from the scientific literature and the press, as well as quotes from expert interviews. The book will help sort out the fact from fiction, given the confusion that arose after the virus arrived in the US. The author used his objective research skills and knowledge of evolutionary genetics and molecular biology to find out what was known, and what questions remained unanswered, and even what questions remained unasked. This book is written at the 10th grade education level, and would be read by the educated general public, scientists, policy makers, health care workers, and politicians. It delves into the problems of trying to derive a logic-based understanding of a highly lethal emerging disease in 2014, when research funding cuts have gutted us institutions, and when public health institutions really were woefully unprepared. It is a highly distinct narrative analysis that is sure to stimulate new research and thinking in public policy. It will inform thousands of people of the nature of the virus, how it works, in terms they are likely to be able to understand. It will allow others to rapidly catch up with the story of Ebola.
- AutorJames Lyons-Weiler
- VerlagWorld Scientific Publ.
- Seiten221 Seiten
- Gewicht401 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.