- EUR 46,38Kostenloser Versand
- Artikelzustand: Neu
- Verkauft von averdo-online
- Click & Collect
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>"It's hard to talk about photography without facing issues of time, memory and death - not as stereotypical archetypes,<br>but as challenging and malleable entities of culture and nature." Domingo Milella<br>This first published monograph by Domingo Milella is a photographic journey from his hometown in the outskirts of Bari<br>in southern Italy, taking us to Mexico City, Cairo, Ankara, Anatolia, Sicily, Tunisia, and as far as Mesopotamia. Milella's<br>subject is cities and their borders, cemeteries and villages, caves and homes, tombs and hieroglyphs - in short, signs<br>of man's presence on earth. His interest is the overlap between civilisation and nature, and how landscape and architecture<br>are invested with individual and collective memory. These photographs emerge from and challenge classical<br>ideas of landscape in art history, and seek an alternative iconography in which an almost forgotten past coexists with<br>the present. Says Milella: "Making images doesn't only mean documenting or taking photographs. It's also a possibility<br>for contemplation and recollection. Building an image of the past is to face the present, and activate the possibility<br>of the future."<br>Domingo Milella was born in 1981 in Bari, Italy, and today divides his time between his hometown and New York. At<br>the age of eighteen Milella moved to New York to study photography at the School of Visual Arts (BFA 2005), where<br>Stephen Shore was one of his teachers. Milella has worked with Massimo Vitali and Thomas Struth has been an<br>influential mentor. Since 2001, he has been developing his landscape project. Milella has exhibited at Brancolini Grimaldi<br>(Rome and London), Tracy Williams, Ltd. (New York), Foam photography museum (Amsterdam), the Venice Biennale<br>and Les Rencontres d'Arles.</p>
- AutorDomingo Milella
- Ausgabe1st ed.
- VerlagGerhard Steidl Verlag
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten88 Seiten
- Gewicht1225 g
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 39,95Preistendenz: EUR 48,73
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,96
- EUR 21,28Preistendenz: EUR 31,00
- EUR 13,94Preistendenz: EUR 14,97
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.