Meistverkauft in Film
Hier sparen: Film
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,24
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 10,36
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,14
- EUR 8,80Preistendenz: EUR 9,16
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungDocumentary film can encompass anything from Robert Flaherty's pioneering ethnography Nanook of the North to Michael Moore's anti-Iraq War polemic Fahrenheit 9/11, from Dziga Vertov's artful Soviet propaganda piece Man with a Movie Camera to Luc Jacquet's heart-tugging wildlife epic March of the Penguins. In this concise, crisply written guide, Patricia Aufderheide takes readers along the diverse paths of documentary history and<br>charts the lively, often fierce debates among filmmakers and scholars about the best ways to represent reality and to tell the truths worth telling.<br>Beginning with an overview of the central issues of documentary filmmaking-its definitions and purposes, its forms and founders-Aufderheide focuses on several of its key subgenres, including public affairs films, government propaganda (particularly the works produced during World War II), historical documentaries, and nature films. Her thematic approach allows readers to enter the subject matter through the kinds of films that first attracted them to documentaries, and it permits her to make<br>connections between eras, as well as revealing the ongoing nature of documentary's core controversies involving objectivity, advocacy, and bias. Interwoven throughout are discussions of the ethical and practical considerations that arise with every aspect of documentary production. A particularly<br>useful feature of the book is an appended list of "100 great documentaries" that anyone with a serious interest in the genre should see.<br>Drawing on the author's four decades of experience as a film scholar and critic, this book is the perfect introduction not just for teachers and students but also for all thoughtful filmgoers and for those who aspire to make documentaries themselves.<br>ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- AutorPatricia Aufderheide
- SerieVery Short Introductions
- VerlagOxford University Press Inc
- Seiten176 Seiten
- Gewicht142 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.