Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungResearch has shown that school leadership is second only to classroom teaching in its effect on pupil learning. As the demands on management teams become ever more complex, this volume offers a fresh and expansive view on the challenges to be met in developing a leadership career. With contributions from some of the most accomplished commentators on school leadership and management from around the world, this book moves away from the simple &8216;how to&8217; of becoming a principal, focusing instead on the wider issues of becoming a successful leader. The central aim has been to assemble powerful statements from international authorities that encapsulate leading-edge thinking on a group of interconnected themes based on the notion of developing successful leadership in, and beyond, schools. In so doing the text examines strategies for existing leaders developing their full capacity as well as enhancing the skills of those new to, or aspiring to, a leadership role. The chapters contributed by a carefully selected group of leading educationalists present insights on a number of central themes, including: developing new skill sets in leadership, the ethical and moral dimensions of leading an organisation, Leadership for instructional and pedagogical success, developing leadership capacity and capability through strategic activity.<br>Rather than taking a technical approach of how to undertake the managerial or administrative tasks, the authors seek instead to develop critical leadership perspectives and skills, with chapters on vitally important topics such as strategies for maximizing the potential of the leadership team as a whole. They draw not only upon the literature in the field of educational leadership but also a wider literature in the field of business and management. This diversity of perspective ensures this book&8217;s appeal to a broad international readership.
- AutorBrent Davies,Mark Brundrett
- HerausgaberBrent Davies,Mark Brundrett
- SerieStudies in Educational Leadership
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten216 Seiten
- Gewicht1120 g
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 27,99Preistendenz: EUR 28,30
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,14
- EUR 14,90Preistendenz: EUR 15,06
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,29
- EUR 22,99Preistendenz: EUR 27,28
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,21
- EUR 22,80Preistendenz: EUR 23,24
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.