- EUR 4,04Kostenloser Versand
- Artikelzustand: Sehr gut
- Verkauft von medimops
- Click & Collect
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung"THAT'S NO MOON."<br>-Obi-Wan Kenobi<br>The Death Star's name says it all, with bone-chilling accuracy. It is a virtual world unto itself-equipped with uncanny power for a singularly brutal purpose: to obliterate entire planets in the blink of an eye. Its annihilation of the planet Alderaan, at the merciless command of Grand Moff Tarkin, lives in infamy. And its own ultimate destruction, at the hands of Luke Skywalker, is the stuff of legend. But what is the whole story, and who are the players, behind the creation of this world-killing satellite of doom?<br>The near extermination of the Jedi order cleared the way for Palpatine-power-hungry Senator and Sith Lord-to seize control of the Republic, declare himself Emperor, and usher in a fearsome, totalitarian regime. But even with the dreaded Darth Vader enforcing Palpatine's sinister will, the threat of rebellion still looms. And the Emperor knows that only abject fear-and the ability to punish dissent with devastating consequences-can ensure his unchallenged control of the galaxy. Enter ambitious and ruthless government official Wilhuff Tarkin, architect of the Emperor's terrifying dream come true.<br>From inception to completion, construction of the unprecedented Death Star is awash in the intrigues, hidden agendas, unexpected revelations, and daring gambits of those involved on every level. The brightest minds and boldest egos, the most ambitious and corrupt, the desperate and the devious, all have a stake in the Death Star-and its potential to control the fate of the galaxy.<br>Soldiers and slaves, loyalists and Rebels, spies and avengers, the innocent and the evil-all their paths and fates will cross and intertwine as the Death Star moves from its maiden voyage to its final showdown. And a shadowy chapter of Star Wars history is stunningly illuminated in a thrilling, unforgettable adventure.<br>From the Hardcover edition.
- AutorMichael Reaves,Steve Perry
- SerieDel Rey Books,Star Wars (Del Rey)
- Seiten448 Seiten
- Gewicht218 g
- LeseprobeFLIGHT DECK, IMPERIAL-CLASS STAR DESTROYER STEEL TALON, POLAR ORBIT, PLANET DESPAYRE, HORUZ SYSTEM, ATRIVIS SECTOR, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES<br>The alert siren screamed, a piercing wail that couldn't be ignored by any being on board with ears and a pulse. It had one thing to say, and it said it loud and clear:<br>Scramble!<br>Lieutenant Commander Villian "Vil" Dance came out of a deep sleep at the blaring alarm, sat up, and leapt from his rack to the expanded metal deck of the Ready Room quarters. Save for the helmet, he already wore his space suit, one of the first things an on-call TIE pilot learned to do was sleep in full battle gear. He ran for the door, half a step ahead of the next pilot to awaken. He grabbed his headgear, darted into the hall and turned to the right, then sprinted for the launching bay.<br>It could be a drill; there had been plenty of those lately to keep the pilots on their toes. But maybe this time it wasn't. One could always hope.<br>Vil ran into the assembly area. A-grav on the flight deck was kept at slightly below one g, so that the pilots, all of whom were human or humanoid, could move a little faster and get to their stations a little sooner. The smell of launch lube was acrid in the cold air, and the pulsing lights painted the area in bright, primary flashes. Techs scrambled, getting the TIE fighters to final-set for takeoff, while pilots ran toward the craft. Vil noticed that it was just his squad being scrambled. Must not be a big problem, whatever it was.<br>Command always said it didn't matter which unit you got. TIE fighters were all the same, down to the last nut and bolt, but even so, every pilot had his or her favorite ship. You weren't supposed to personalize them, of course, but there were ways to tell--a scratch here, a scuff mark there . . . after a while, you got to where you knew which fighter was which. And no matter what Command said, some were better than others--a little faster, a little tighter in the turns, the laser cannons a hair quicker to fire when you touched the stud. Vil happened to know that his assigned ship this rotation was Black-11, one of his favorites. Maybe it was pure superstition, but he breathed just a little easier, knowing that particular craft had his name on it this time around.<br>The command officer on deck, Captain Rax Exeter, waved Vil over.<br>"Cap, what's up? Another drill?"<br>"Negative, Lieutenant. A group of prisoners somehow managed to take over one of the new Lambda-class shuttles. They're trying to get far enough away to make the jump to hyperspace. That isn't going to happen on my watch. The ID codes and tracking will be in your fighter's computer. Don't let 'em get away, son."<br>"No, sir
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 27,99Preistendenz: EUR 29,84
- EUR 26,40Preistendenz: EUR 31,97
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 30,87
- EUR 22,75Preistendenz: EUR 25,89
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,00
- EUR 26,95Preistendenz: EUR 39,94
- EUR 29,94Preistendenz: EUR 35,35
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.