Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungDickens's great coming-of-age novel, now in a beautiful clothbound Penguin edition This is the novel Dickens regarded as his 'favourite child' and is considered his most autobiographical. As David recounts his experiences from childhood to the discovery of his vocation as a successful novelist, Dickens draws openly and revealingly on his own life. Among the gloriously vivid cast of characters are Rosa Dartle, Dora, Steerforth, and the 'umble Uriah Heep, along with Mr Micawber, a portrait of Dickens's own father which evokes a mixture of love, nostalgia and guilt. Dickens's great Bildungsroman (based, in part, on his own boyhood) is a work filled with life, both comic and tragic. Charles Dickens (1812-70) had his first, astounding success with his first novel The Pickwick Papers and never looked back. In an extraordinarily full life he wrote, campaigned and spoke on a huge range of issues, and was involved in many of the key aspects of Victorian life, by turns cajoling, moving and irritating. He completed fourteen full-length novels and volume after volume of journalism. Of all his many works, he called David Copperfield his 'favourite child'. Jeremy Tambling is Professor of Literature at the University of Manchester.
- AutorCharles Dickens
- SeriePenguin Clothbound Classics
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten1024 Seiten
- Gewicht888 g
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 14,18Preistendenz: EUR 15,96
- EUR 14,98Preistendenz: EUR 15,55
- EUR 4,19Preistendenz: EUR 5,11
- EUR 6,40Preistendenz: EUR 6,91
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,93
- EUR 9,55Preistendenz: EUR 9,71
- EUR 12,43Preistendenz: EUR 16,69
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.