Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 69,99Preistendenz: EUR 72,06
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,27
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,48
- EUR 10,90Preistendenz: EUR 18,09
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,27
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Communication and Swallow Changes in Healthy Aging Adults compiles and presents the available research on healthy aging adults' performance and abilities in the following areas: auditory comprehension, reading comprehension, speaking, writing, voice and motor speech abilities, cognition, and swallowing. This text also presents principles from the World Health Organization's International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health and its applications to aging adults. One of the first texts to cover these principles, this book will address the need for a comprehensive view of communication and swallow issues in aging for students of speech-language pathology. Speech-language pathologist students will learn how to fully compare what would be considered normal for their elderly patients rather than overestimating or underestimating what aging adults are capable of doing. Knowing what would be considered within the spectrum of normal, will help speech-language pathologists to address therapy as effectively as possible.<br>Having this information at hand is particularly important as the nation's population is aging at a rapid rate and there is a need for evidence-based practice in speech-language pathology. Written in an easy to follow format, Communication and Swallow Changes in Healthy Aging Adults includes original research data, discussion questions and a list of Quick Facts at the end of each chapter to summarize key points. This text will serve as a useful resource as students see elderly clients in on-campus speech and hearing clinics and when they intern at hospitals and long-term care facilities. Instructor Resources: PowerPoint Slides and an Image Bank Testimonial: "Communication and Swallowing Changes in Healthy Aging Adults is a handy text, portable, and logically organized. The information is easy to follow complimented by information presented in tables/charts. This text would be helpful to a practicing therapist when making a differential diagnosis between a normal vs. atypical aging process.<br>Communication and Swallowing Changes in Healthy Aging Adults would be an appropriate text for courses in Communications Disorders Departments for graduate students in a neuro course or a neurogenic communication disorders course, and in lifespan development courses as in the field of Psychology and Gerontology." ~ Susan Durnford, M.S.,CCC-SLP, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, Ithaca College</p>
- AutorAngela N. Burda
- VerlagJones & Bartlett Publ.
- Seiten194 Seiten
- Gewicht297 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.