Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 89,25Preistendenz: EUR 93,51
- EUR 67,94Preistendenz: EUR 74,71
- EUR 54,28Preistendenz: EUR 59,37
- EUR 49,95Preistendenz: EUR 56,06
- EUR 29,74Preistendenz: EUR 31,75
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPraise for the First Edition: <br>`All readers will be drawn to the style of the book as well as its content. The structure will make sure that it is not just a "one-off", being read as part of a course of study, but a book which is used frequently as a source of reference' - Child Abuse Review The Second Edition of this best-selling textbook provides students and practitioners with a broad introduction to, and critical analysis of, the complex issues involved in child protection work. Beckett unpacks these complexities in a clear and engaging way, all the time encouraging reflection and debate through such features as case examples and interactive exercises. The book is fully comprehensive, considering key topics such as: the consequences for children of abuse and neglect; the reasons why some adults abuse and neglect children; the personal challenges involved in doing child protection work; and the organizational framework within which child protection work takes place. Other key features of this thoroughly revised Second Edition include: " Fully updated content: the book has been revised to incorporate new literature, research, legal and policy developments, including the recent Working Together guidelines<br>" Two new chapters: these comprise a chapter on domestic violence in families, and a chapter on bringing about change<br>" Interprofessional appeal: the author addresses all the professionals involved in child protection work, ensuring relevance across a range of disciplines and professions. The new edition of this highly successful textbook will be required reading for students studying social work and allied subjects, and an essential resource for all professionals involved in child protection work. <br>Chris Beckett is based at the Division of Social Work and Social Policy, Anglia Ruskin University. He is the author of three best-selling SAGE textbooks: Human Growth and Development; Values and Ethics in Social Work (with Andrew Maynard); Essential Theory for Social Work Practice. Find out more about Chris Beckett at the Anglia Ruskin University website
- AutorChris Beckett
- Ausgabe2 Rev ed.
- VerlagSage Publications
- Seiten240 Seiten
- Gewicht500 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.