Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 39,15
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,23
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,52
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,15
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungBasically, the contemporary manipulation of identifiable living cells and bacteria in industrial and<br>scientific processes has been functionally essentialized by the desire to improve on the state of the<br>human condition in this modernizing era. Meanwhile, the prevalent globalizing culture has made it<br>feasible for quick exchange of information and, indeed, instant spread of cogent empirical knowledge.<br>Such is the case with biotechnological development, which seeks to enhance agricultural productivity;<br>health care delivery and, of course, the realization of the focal target of the &8216;Millennium Development<br>Goals&8217; (MDGs), that is &8216;halving extreme poverty by 2015&8217;. As noble as this innovation seems<br>however, its application in Nigeria as obtainable in most parts of sub-Saharan Africa has been largely<br>uncoordinated, or at best, attenuated; ostensibly due to inactivity on the part of the political leadership.<br>This study focuses on the explication of varying interpretations of the reality of biotechnological<br>incorporation within Nigerian configuration. On the part of the policy planners, have usual<br>proclamations been met with desired actions in the bid to localize such innovation in the country? Are<br>they conscious of its long-run human, social and environmental implications? On the other hand, are<br>the people &8211; the supposed direct beneficiaries of such adaptation aware of its existence and<br>usefulness? How do they perceive and construct its reality? These and related issues are addressed in<br>this study. The methods of In-depth Interviews (IDIs) and Evaluation Research (ER) are engaged as<br>the study&8217;s modes of inquiry, while Berger and Luckmann&8217;s &8216;The Social Construction of Reality&8217; is<br>adopted as its theoretical platform.
- AutorKehinde A. Taiwo,Odunayo C. Adebooye
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- VerlagCuvillier Verlag
- Seiten326 Seiten
- Gewicht418 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.