Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungNew York Times Bestseller Washington Post Bestseller The author of the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home, tackles the critical question: How do we change? Gretchen Rubin's answer: through habits . Habits are the invisible architecture of everyday life. It takes work to make a habit, but once that habit is set, we can harness the energy of habits to build happier, stronger, more productive lives. So if habits are a key to change, then what we really need to know is: How do we change our habits ? Better than Before answers that question. It presents a practical, concrete framework to allow readers to understand their habits-and to change them for good. Infused with Rubin's compelling voice, rigorous research, and easy humor, and packed with vivid stories of lives transformed, Better than Before explains the (sometimes counter-intuitive) core principles of habit formation. Along the way, Rubin uses herself as guinea pig, tests her theories on family and friends, and answers readers' most pressing questions-oddly, questions that other writers and researchers tend to ignore: - Why do I find it tough to create a habit for something I love to do? - Sometimes I can change a habit overnight, and sometimes I can't change a habit, no matter how hard I try. Why? - How quickly can I change a habit? - What can I do to make sure I stick to a new habit? - How can I help someone else change a habit? - Why can I keep habits that benefit others, but can't make habits that are just for me? Whether readers want to get more sleep, stop checking their devices, maintain a healthy weight, or finish an important project, habits make change possible. Reading just a few chapters of Better Than Before will make readers eager to start work on their own habits-even before they've finished the book.
- AutorGretchen Rubin
- SerieCrown Books
- VerlagRandom House LCC US
- Seiten464 Seiten
- Gewicht225 g
- LeseprobeA NOTE TO THE READER<br>Better Than Before tackles the question: How do we change ? One answer-by using habits.<br>Habits are the invisible architecture of daily life. We repeat about 40 percent of our behavior almost daily, so our habits shape our existence, and our future. If we change our habits, we change our lives.<br />But that observation just raises another question: Okay, then, how do we change our habits ? That's what this book seeks to answer.<br>But while Better Than Before explores how to change your habits, it won't tell you what particular habits to form. It won't tell you to exercise first thing in the morning, or to eat dessert twice a week, or to clear out your office. (Well, actually, there is one area where I do say what habit I think is best. But only one.)<br />The fact is, no one-size-fits-all solution exists. It's easy to dream that if we copy the habits of productive, creative people, we'll win similar success. But we each must cultivate the habits that work for us . Some people do better when they start small; others when they start big. Some people need to be held accountable; some defy account- ability. Some thrive when they give themselves an occasional break from their good habits; others when they never break the chain. No wonder habit formation is so hard.<br />The most important thing is to know ourselves , and to choose the strategies that work for us.<br>Before you begin, identify a few habits that you'd like to adopt, or changes you'd like to make. Then, as you read, consider what steps you want to try. You may even want to note today's date on your book's flyleaf, so you'll remember when you began the process of change.<br>To help you shape your habits, I regularly post suggestions on my blog, and I've also created many resources to help you make your life better than before. But I hope that the most compelling inspiration is the book you hold in your hands.<br />I see habits through the lens of my own experience, so this ac- count is colored by my particular personality and interests.
Meistverkauft in Lebensführung & Motivation
Hier sparen: Lebensführung & Motivation
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 16,16
- EUR 22,78Preistendenz: EUR 25,05
- EUR 12,03Preistendenz: EUR 12,23
- EUR 10,98Preistendenz: EUR 12,29
- EUR 11,98Preistendenz: EUR 13,92
- EUR 13,93Preistendenz: EUR 15,01
- EUR 11,90Preistendenz: EUR 19,27
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.