Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung'Alex Hamilton is one of the absolute masters of the sunlit nightmare, the tale of insidious disquiet and relentless unease. He's a true original, and it's past time that he took his place in the pantheon of the elegantly macabre.' - Ramsey Campbell 'Hamilton has a vibrantly wicked imagination comparable to Roald Dahl ... The author is a precise stylist, a talented terrorist.' - Kirkus Reviews 'He turns ordinariness inside out like a glove to show the darkness inside.' - Robert Nye 'A Saki-like atmosphere and effect in which the strange is suddenly interjected into the real as if it were really there all the time waiting to be discovered.' - Choice Alex Hamilton's contributions to the famous Pan Books of Horror Stories series quickly secured his reputation as one of the best and most original writers of macabre tales of his generation. Beam of Malice (1966), his first collection, features many of his finest and most unsettling tales and showcases his unique and unusual imagination. In these stories, Hamilton does not rely on ghosts, the supernatural, or the standard machinery of horror fiction in order to induce his chills. Instead, he focuses on ordinary people whose lives are suddenly and inexplicably interrupted by bizarre, disturbing, and sometimes deadly occurrences. Beam of Malice was acclaimed by critics when originally published, earning comparisons with the short stories of Saki and John Collier, and has been championed more recently by Ramsey Campbell, who writes, 'Alex Hamilton is one of the absolute masters of the sunlit nightmare, the tale of insidious disquiet and relentless unease. He's a true original, and it's past time that he took his place in the pantheon of the elegantly macabre.' This new edition includes fifteen stories, including 'The Attic Express', which has been recognized as a classic of the genre, as well as a new introduction by the author.
- AutorAlex Hamilton
- VerlagValancourt Books
- Seiten208 Seiten
- Gewicht271 g
Meistverkauft in Weltliteratur & Klassiker
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,31
- EUR 15,50Preistendenz: EUR 15,68
- EUR 9,90Preistendenz: EUR 10,04
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 10,18
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 10,32
- EUR 7,95Preistendenz: EUR 8,04
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.