Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 37,65Preistendenz: EUR 39,84
- EUR 15,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,80
- EUR 17,91Preistendenz: EUR 26,95
- EUR 9,89Preistendenz: EUR 11,13
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Bakers Creek air crash was an aviation disaster which occurred on 14 June 1943, when a USAAF B-17 Flying Fortress aircraft crashed shortly after take-off at Bakers Creek, Queensland approximately 8 kilometres south of Mackay, killing 40 of the 41 military service personnel on board. One person on board survived. The crash is Australia's worst aviation disaster by death toll and was the worst accident involving a transport aircraft in the south-western Pacific during World War II. The aircraft, a Boeing B-17C, serial/tail number 40-2072, known as "Miss Every Morning Fixin" took off from Mackay Airfield just before dawn at about 6 am in foggy conditions, headed for Port Moresby. Soon after, it made a low altitude turn and a few minutes later, crashed. The cause of the crash remains a mystery. The six crew and 35 passengers were returning to New Guinea after an R&R break. The aircraft was part of the United States Fifth Air Force and was operated by the 46th Troop Carrier Squadron, part of the 317th Tr
- AutorAgnes F. Vandome,Frederic P. Miller,John McBrewster
- HerausgaberAgnes F. Vandome,Frederic P. Miller,John McBrewster
- VerlagAlphascript Publishing
- Seiten156 Seiten
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.