Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 8,49Preistendenz: EUR 12,70
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,11
- EUR 8,49Preistendenz: EUR 10,42
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 14,32
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung"The Awakening and Selected Short Fiction," by Kate Chopin, is part of the ""Barnes & Noble Classics" "series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of "Barnes & Noble Classics": New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars Biographies of the authors Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events Footnotes and endnotes Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work Comments by other famous authors Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations Bibliographies for further reading Indices & Glossaries, when appropriateAll editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. "Barnes & Noble Classics "pulls together a constellation of influences-biographical, historical, and literary-to enrich each reader's understanding of these enduring works. When it first appeared in 1899, Kate Chopin's "The Awakening" was greeted with cries of outrage. The novel's frank portrayal of a woman's emotional, intellectual, and sexual awakening shocked the sensibilities of the time and destroyed the author's reputation and career. Many years passed before this short, pioneering work was recognized as a major achievement in American literature. Set in and around New Orleans, "The Awakening" tells the story of Edna Pontellier, a young wife and mother who, determined to control her own life, floutsconvention by moving out of her husband's house, having an adulterous affair, and becoming an artist. Beautifully written, with sensuous imagery and vivid local descriptions, "The Awakening" has lost none of its power to provoke and inspire. Additionally, this edition includes thirteen of Kate Chopin's magnificent short stories. Stories Included in the Volume: "The Awakening<br>Emancipation: A Life Fable<br>A Shameful Affair<br>At the 'Cadian Ball<br>Desiree's Baby<br>A Gentleman of Bayou Teche<br>A Respectable Woman<br>The Story of an Hour<br>Athenaise<br>A Pair of Silk Stockings<br>Elizabeth Stock's One Story<br>The Storm<br>The Godmother<br>A Little Country Girl" Rachel Adams teaches nineteenth and twentieth-century American literature at Columbia University.
- AutorKate Chopin
- VerlagFine Communications,US
- Seiten288 Seiten
- Gewicht252 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.