Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis is a fully revised and updated edition of Martin Parr&8217;s highly successful book Autoportrait which was first published in 2000. Redesigned, it features a playable &8216;labyrinth&8217; puzzle on the front cover and includes a large number of new images taken since its first publication. The book shows the remarkable shift from analogue to digital photography that has taken place over the period. For the last thirty years, when Martin Parr has travelled on assignment throughout the world he has had his portrait taken &8211;&8194;whether by a local studio photographer, a street photographer, or in a photo booth. The result is a true celebration of portrait taking &8211; ranging from elaborate studio sets reminiscent of the heyday of the Victorian studio photographer, through to digitally manipulated images of Parr as Mr Universe, or images horrendously re-touched by a studio in their attempts to flatter him. Presented in chronological order, the photos follow Parr as he ages gently on his travels across continents. As with all Parr&8217;s projects the book is not only hilarious but also comments on a world beyond the frame &8211; not only in the apparent cultural differences between countries but also in its broader social and political references. It also reflects on identity and self, questioning the whole notion of the photographic portrait.
- AutorMartin Parr
- Ausgabe2nd rev. ed.
- VerlagDewi Lewis Publishing
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten144 Seiten
- Gewicht334 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,95
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,60
- EUR 39,00Preistendenz: EUR 39,40
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,15
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,10
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,96
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,20
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.