Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Philosophie
- EUR 3,50Preistendenz: EUR 5,72
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 37,80
- EUR 15,49Preistendenz: EUR 25,68
Über dieses Produkt
- Kurzbeschreibung<p>Aristotle's moral philosophy is a pillar of Western ethical thought. It bequeathed to the world an emphasis on virtues and vices, happiness as well-being or a life well lived, and rationally motivated action as a mean between extremes. Its influence was felt well beyond antiquity into the Middle Ages, particularly through the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas. In the past century, with the rise of virtue theory in moral philosophy, Aristotle's ethics has been revived as a source of insight and interest. While most attention has traditionally focused on Aristotle's famous Nicomachean Ethics, there are several other works written by or attributed to Aristotle that illuminate his ethics: the Eudemian Ethics, the Magna Moralia, and On Virtues and Vices. This book brings together all four of these important texts, in thoroughly revised versions of the translations found in the authoritative complete works universally recognized as the standard English edition. Edited and introduced by two of the world's leading scholars of ancient philosophy, this is an essential volume for anyone interested in the ethical thought of one of the most important philosophers in the Western tradition.</p>
- HerausgaberAnthony Kenny,Jonathan Barnes
- SeriePrinceton University Press
- VerlagPrinceton Univers. Press
- Seiten512 Seiten
- Gewicht607 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.