Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,71
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,27
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,94
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 14,72
- EUR 24,80Preistendenz: EUR 24,67
- EUR 8,00Preistendenz: EUR 8,08
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungNEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED<br>AN ALL-NEW GUILD HUNTER NOVEL <br>Return to New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh's sensual and painfully beautiful Guild Hunter world in her new novel of sacrifice, loyalty, and the choices of love that can shatter the heart.<br>In the wake of a brutal war, the archangel Raphael and his hunter consort, Elena, are dealing with the treacherously shifting tides of archangelic politics and the people of a battered but not broken city. The last thing their city needs is more death, especially a death that bears the eerie signature of an insane enemy archangel who cannot-should not-be walking the streets.<br>This hunt must be undertaken with stealth and without alerting their people. It must be handled by those who can become shadows themselves...<br>Ash is a gifted tracker and a woman cursed with the ability to sense the secrets of anyone she touches. But there's one man she knows all too well without a single instant of skin contact: Janvier, the dangerously sexy Cajun vampire who has fascinated and infuriated her for years. Now, as they track down a merciless killer, their cat-and-mouse game of flirtation and provocation has turned into a profound one of the heart. And this time, it is Ash's secret, dark and terrible, that threatens to destroy them both.
- AutorNalini Singh
- SerieJove Books
- VerlagPenguin LCC US
- Seiten384 Seiten
- Gewicht184 g
- Leseprobe<br>"PARANORMAL ROMANCE DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS."<br>-Love Vampires<br>Shadow Team<br>Ashwini navigated the darkened stairwell with quick steps, careful not to make a sound. Given the layout of the stairs-a kind of square spiral complete with a well in the center that went from the top of the seventy-three-story building to the basement-the echoes would bounce off the walls into a thundering racket.<br>It was unlikely anyone would hear the noise with the archangelic battle going on in the skies of New York while vampires fought the scourge of the reborn below, but getting cocky was a good way to end up dead. It was why Janvier had cut power to this part of the building, and why Naasir had set up a relay of small explosions to distract the enemy.<br>A bead of sweat rolling down her spine, she plastered herself to the wall when a door opened on a higher floor.<br>"There's no light," the irritated male voice boomed, magnified by the terrible acoustics for what was meant to be an office building, albeit one designed by an architect known for his "edgy" work. "Raphael's most recent strike must've damaged the building."<br>"No." A female this time. "He has people on this side of the line. Lock the doors to the main part of the floor on both sides. I'll alert our people to do the same throughout the building."<br>Ashwini's lips curved. She didn't need to get onto the floor itself to do what she'd come to do. Not in this particular building.<br>Continuing up as soon as the enemy guards left, she found herself considering Naasir's name for their small team: shadow fighters . It was a far more apt description than "spy" or even "soldier." Together, Ashwini, Janvier, and Naasir's job was to discomfort, discombobulate, and otherwise aggravate the enemy forces in the heart of the hostile encampment. For a three-person team, she thought they'd done one hell of a job.<br>This would be the icing on the cake.<br>Reaching the floor directly below the roof, she took off her small backpack and removed the charges. Ten seconds, that was all she needed to place and arm a device. The resulting explosion might not collapse the roof, but it should do enough damage to throw the invading force off its game. "Set," she murmured into the mouthpiece of the sleek communications device she wore hooked over her right ear.<br>"Get out, cher ." A voice as languid as a hazy summer's day-if you didn't notice the steel beneath. "Your presence has been detected."<br>"I'm moving." Backpack on, she'd barely covered two flights when boots thundered some distance below, intermingled with shouts and war cries.<br>Time for plan B.<br>She slid off the backpack and retrieved the rappelling rope curled inside
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.