Andres Segovia Archives von Ermanno Brignolo (2013)
Schreiben Sie die erste Rezension
Andrés Segovia, born in 1893 in Linares, Spain, was one of the most important musicians of the 20th century; a virtuoso guitarist whose contribution to modern-Romantic repertoire included both commissions and transcriptions of baroque/classical works. Until recently, a significant portion of his music library remained either unknown or consigned to the depths of history: only in 2001, when the Italian composer, guitarist and scholar Angelo Gilardino was given permission to open the crates containing the maestro's personal collection of music, did the true extent of his vast repertoire come to light.
The collection The Andrés Segovia Archive was thus created with the aim of making available to all the works written for Segovia which remained unpublished (and in some cases never performed) during his lifetime, and here it is played by esteemed Italian guitarist Ermanno Brignolo -- himself the dedicatee of numerous works by composers such as Ronca and Porqueddu. From Fenerod Peyrot's Theme et variations to Arregui's Piezas líricas, the compilation touches on a number of countries, revealing Segovia's immense international stature at that time. Brignolo presents an engaging tribute to a precious heritage, one whose range of styles has only served to further enrich 20th-century guitar music.
Recorded May 2011 -- March 2013. Made in collaboration with Associazione PuntoPrimo, Comune di Costigliole and Costigliole Cultura.
- Spanish guitarist Andres Segovia was without doubt one of the most (if not most) important and influential guitarists of the 20th century. His role in the popularisation of his instrument was immense.
- Many 20th century composers wrote and dedicated guitar works for him, works which often remained unknown and unpublished, kept under lock in Segovia's personal archive. Only in 2001 the archive was disclosed, and it took guitarist and scholar Angelo Gilardino several years to sort out this vast body of guitar works.
- Brilliant Classics is proud to issue the complete archive of works written for Andres Segovia by composers from all over the world, some relatively unknown, some of international reputation (Tansman, Moreno-Torroba, Berkeley, Mompou, Cassado, Castelnuovo-Tedesco).
- A treasure trove of unknown guitar works, 20th century gems written for and inspired by that giant of the guitar, Andres Segovia!
- Contains extensive notes on the archive as well as biographies on the performer and conductor.
- Brignolo plays Urs Langenbacher (2010) & Fratelli Masetti (1963) guitars.