Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,72
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 34,67
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis is a book well suited for a wide range of undergraduate courses, as both a primary text for conservation biology courses and a supplement for ecological and environmental science courses.New coauthor Anna Sher joins longtime Sinauer author Richard Primack in creating a book that combines the readability of Primack's A Primer of Conservation Biology with the depth and coverage of his larger textbook, Essentials of Conservation Biology. The result is a book well suited for a wide range of undergraduate courses, as both a primary text for conservation biology courses and a supplement for ecological and environmental science courses.Using the chapter framework of the current Primer as a springboard, the authors have added three chapters focused on population biology conservation tools (Chapter 7), restoration ecology (Chapter 10), and the future of conservation (Chapter 12). Sustainable development, ex situ conservation, and other key topics have been expanded and updated with hundreds of new examples, explanations, citations, and figures to enhance learning and excitement for the subject. Dr. Sher has mined her experience of having taught conservation biology using Dr. Primack's texts for over a decade to fine-tune the presentation of difficult concepts, particularly in economics and politics. Coverage of recent conservation biology events in the news&8212;such as the poaching of Cecil the Lion, the first papal encyclical on the environment, and the international Paris Accord on climate change&8212;keeps the content fresh and current.
- AutorAnna A. Sher,Richard B. Primack
- VerlagMacmillan Education
- Seiten476 Seiten
- Gewicht1113 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.