Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,98
- EUR 23,67Preistendenz: EUR 24,88
- EUR 17,80Preistendenz: EUR 35,30
- EUR 20,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,89
- EUR 12,16Preistendenz: EUR 17,98
- EUR 23,99Preistendenz: EUR 29,81
- EUR 12,78Preistendenz: EUR 13,71
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungIn the 1960s we were warned that the population explosion would lead to mass global starvation. In the 1970s we were warned that the planet was running out of natural resources and that world economic growth would grind to a halt within our lifetimes. When the planet's temperature, which had been gently rising for some 400 years, appeared to be falling again, scientists warned us that we were facing the disaster of a new ice age. In the past year, sensational warnings about climate change have dominated the headlines as we are told that global warming will have disastrous consequences in the very near future unless we take drastic measures now.In this cautious and reasoned treatise on an issue that affects each and every one of us, former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigel Lawson, argues that it is time to take a cooler look at global warming. Lord Lawson looks at the facts behind the headlines and explains that science is only part of the story. For governments to make informed decisions about the path ahead they must listen to economists as well as scientists, utilising economic forecasting to assess the likely evolution of the world economy, and even more urgently, economic analysis: what is the most cost-effective way of tackling this issue? We also need an understanding of exactly what measures are politically realistic on a global scale. At a time when politicians and the media are stirring up public and political hysteria on the subject of climate change, Lord Lawson has written a timely disquisition urging us to take into account all the facts in order to deal with the threat of global warming.
- AutorNigel Lawson
- VerlagGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Seiten160 Seiten
- Gewicht128 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.