Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 34,90Preistendenz: EUR 38,96
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,46
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,08
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book is based on the analysis and performance considerations of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ According to Saint Mark by the Brazilian composer Almeida Prado (1943-2010). This passion setting, which comprises mixed choir, actors, organ, harpsichord, and timpani, was composed in 1967. The setting of the passion story strictly follows the gospel account, and no other poetic text, chorales or arias were added. Among other factors, this work is unique in that the choir is used to carry the narrative throughout the work. Also, the composer masterfully uses text-painting in the choral and instrumental parts. The use of actors for the direct dialogues suggests that staging and acting are appropriate for the dramatic representation of the work. It is based on non-functional harmony and incorporates chromaticism, clusters, modality, and experiments with both texture and tone color. Many European techniques were being recognized and incorporated into works of Brazilian composers that adhered to the avant-garde movement that took place in Brazil during the 1960s. Almeida Prado was one of the most important of these composers in Brazil, with an output of over 400 works.
- AutorCleusia Goncalves
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten228 Seiten
- Gewicht356 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.