Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- AutorJennifer Niven
- VerlagAlfred A Knopf
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten400 Seiten
- Gewicht502 g
- LeseprobeFinch<br />I am awake again. Day 6.<br />Is today a good day to die?<br />This is something I ask myself in the morning when I wake up. In third period when I'm trying to keep my eyes open while Mr. Schroeder drones on and on. At the supper table as I'm passing the green beans. At night when I'm lying awake because my brain won't shut off due to all there is to think about.<br />Is today the day?<br />And if not today--when?<br />I am asking myself this now as I stand on a narrow ledge six stories above the ground. I'm so high up, I'm practically part of the sky. I look down at the pavement below, and the world tilts. I close my eyes, enjoying the way everything spins. Maybe this time I'll do it--let the air carry me away. It will be like floating in a pool, drifting off until there's nothing.<br />I don't remember climbing up here. In fact, I don't remember much of anything before Sunday, at least not anything so far this winter. This happens every time--the blanking out, the waking up. I'm like that old man with the beard, Rip Van Winkle. Now you see me, now you don't. You'd think I'd have gotten used to it, but this last time was the worst yet because I wasn't asleep for a couple days or a week or two--I was asleep for the holidays, meaning Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. I can't tell you what was different this time around, only that when I woke up, I felt deader than usual. Awake, yeah, but completely empty, like someone had been feasting on my blood. This is day six of being awake again, and my first week back at school since November 14.<br />I open my eyes, and the ground is still there, hard and permanent. I am in the bell tower of the high school, standing on a ledge about four inches wide. The tower is pretty small, with only a few feet of concrete floor space on all sides of the bell itself, and then this low stone railing, which I've climbed over to get here. Every now and then I knock one of my legs against it to remind myself it's there.<br />My arms are outstretched as if I'm conducting a sermon and this entire not-very-big, dull, dull town is my congregation.
Meistverkauft in Erstes Lesen
Hier sparen: Erstes Lesen
- EUR 13,99Preistendenz: EUR 14,18
- EUR 9,86Preistendenz: EUR 18,94
- EUR 6,99Preistendenz: EUR 7,99
- EUR 8,24Preistendenz: EUR 14,98
- EUR 5,99Preistendenz: EUR 7,85
- EUR 9,39Preistendenz: EUR 10,00
- EUR 9,05Preistendenz: EUR 9,99
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.